Monday, January 4, 2010

Cali (Colombia) - final stop

After nearly five months in Colombia, there were worse places to bow out than Cali. Especially with both the Feiria de Cali and Año Nuevo happening. It also felt like the most Colombian of places I had been, though that is hard to explain.

After a disappointing first night - I just didn't meet anyone interesting - the partying really revved up on nights two and three. In the end, I visited two of the big 'going out' spots, which in Cali means salsa. Bizarrely, the scene only three blocks from my hostel didn't get a look in.

Besides some very late nights (it's been a long, long time since I came out of a club to be greeted by a bright, sunny day), I made it to an outdoor water park, a pacific coast festival and climbed a hill in the old town. Not much of a list of achievements for 3 days - I didn't even make it to silicon valley (in this case not a centre of IT industry) - but a good time was had for sure.

It was sad to leave Colombia, but equally exciting to be crossing a border once more. Hasta Equador.

No comments:

Post a Comment